I thought I might try my hand at a favorites list. Since I had so much plan on my trip this summer, I thought I’d do a round-up of my favorites. I admit it… I am a chronic planner/list maker when it comes to travel. So I will also include some of the tricks and tips to make planning a bit easier.
Tip #1- go where the food is!
Basically, due to my husband and my love of food — we plan our trips around where we can get good food and drink. Call me crazy, but a girl’s got to eat! I often rely on my friends & family for referrals and they rarely disappoint! So tip #1 ask your people for ideas. I make a list on my phone (that I share with my travel companions) for easy access on the road.
Tip #2- Packing
So as a person who loves fashion, this one is hard for me. I have already written a post on packing tips, so I won’t go into that kind of detail here. I will just touch on some of the items that I loved using this summer during our Europe travels.
- Suitcase: A good suitcase is a must! With size and weight requirements and cobble streets, you MUST have a case you can rely on. I know there is some debate between the soft & hard shell camps, but I have found the hard shell to be lighter when empty which means I can bring more stuff. We picked a large Away Suitcase for our 2.5 week trip (of course mine is pink!).
- Packing support: Flight 001 makes my favorite packing/travel stuff. They are investments, but I have had some key pieces for several years and the cost per use make them worth the cost. My key pieces from Flight 001 are packing cubes, Clear 1 Quart bag and Seatpak (a zip pouch that organizes my carry-on accessories. Links are below.
Tip #3 – Necessary Travel Supports
- Travel essentials: You will definitely need a plug adapter. Most power cords for our essential electronics are Europe dual voltage (all my Apple stuff), so I just needed the various adapters. The Flight 001 5-in-1 was super handy.
- Don’t forget your cords for your electronics! If needed, bring an adapter with a converter if your plugs are not the correct voltage.
- Also, I always take an eye mask for long flights and Flight 001 makes cute ones. Links are below.
Tip #3 – The Right Shoes
- This one was tricky for me of course. I am a shoe lover, but I have plantar faciitis so I know that I have to pick the right shoes when on vacation. One pair are sneakers suggested by Oprah because of their supportive insoles. I got the Splendid Syra Leather model in white. Oprah was right! I also brought a pair of Nike Running shoes. I also brought a pair of Dansko Sandals in pewter and Tory Burch Minnie Travel Flats in black. As a shoe girl, that is slim for me, but they covered all of our occasions and activities.
- Flight 001 Spacepak Packing Compression Bag Set @ Norstrom
- Flight 001 Spacepak Packing Set @ Amazon https://amzn.to/2BcuAlV
- Flight 001 Seatpak @ Amazon https://amzn.to/2MNwI4M
- Flight 001 Clear 1 Quart Bag @ Amazon https://amzn.to/2vHb37M
- Flight 001 5-in-1 Adapter Set @ Amazon https://amzn.to/2MLcZCQ
- Away Suitcase: http://fbuy.me/jXxrq
I will write about my travel wardrobe (including clothes, handbags and accessories) in a future post. Hope this was helpful!
Thanks for reading! XO, Dawn
- Facebook: @astylishteacher or https://www.facebook.com/astylishteacher/
- Instagram: @stylishteacher or https://www.instagram.com/stylishteacher/
- Twitter: @stylishteacher or https://twitter.com/stylishteacher
- Not a sponsored blog unless stated in the title. These are my own opinions and ideas. Affiliate or referral links used when available.