Shop brand-new arrivals at super-sale prices at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Topshop, Ted Baker London and more. Sale ends August 5. Prices go up August 6. Free shipping, pick up in store and more. Free shipping, pick up in store and more.
Here is the good, bad and ugly of this years event.
On a normal day I totally love Nordstrom. Good selection, variety of sizes and colors and good customer service— what is not to like. So this time of year when the Anniversary sale comes along I am excited. A pre-sale of fall items with a early access for card members–again, what’s not to like?
After scanning the catalog and marking items I wanted to see further, I logged on to make my Early Access Purchase. Let the problems begin. I can only put into words what happened in list form.
The list of things that went wrong:
- the website kept logging me out
- items that I wanted kept dropping out of my cart yet still showed as available
- I tried to access my Nordstrom Notes and the site would crash
- the app didn’t work either
- order placed with no confirmation email
- next day, order says cancelled, but no email notification from Nordstrom
- customer service- totally unreachable in all methods
- wait 30 minutes on hold to be told that my order was not cancelled
- email saying that my order was cancelled and I needed to reorder
- reorder with renewed access to my notes
- part of my order cancelled again, though the items still show they are available
- reorder items again
- Items begin shipping one at a time and a few items available for pickup
- person in-store says she will look into my issues and adjust my points
- Props to SA Elisabeth who had my back to get my items and points
So…. although I am dismayed about my experience and the uncertainty of whether I will actually receive all the items I purchased (most still say “preparing”), I still (heart) you Nordstrom even though I know you will never send me an apology or give me the points that I am owed. I hope that you can work out all the problems that thousands of us had, because clearly we like you– after all we do have your credit card and use your rewards program.
I know this seems like a rant, but it is just stating facts. I have worked retail and know the value of customer service, which is where I believe Nordstrom fell down here. Don’t get me wrong, I still want my stuff and will continue to shop at Nordstrom. I guess I was just surprised at how incredibly wrong this sale began for me. That being said, there are some awesome items, beauty and clothing that you should check out. The sale opens to the public on July 20. When/if I get my items, I will share a review of them.
Thanks for reading! XO, Dawn
Note: These are my experiences with the topic mentioned. Affiliate links are used when available.
I know, I know, but I’ve been VERY busy. I have been in grad school working on my doctorate, had some personal triumphs and tragedies over the last couple of years. But I will do better. I have been keeping stylish and eating good food through it all, but I vow to start sharing more…. soon.
So the dilemma of what to pack… I go through this EVERY time that I have a trip on the horizon. Whether it is a weekend away or a two week trip, it is something that most of us struggle with. So what to do? Well the basic tip is to pack neutrals with accessories that can add that pop of color or pattern. So I totally agree with that, but frankly I wear basics to the office everyday. I want to use my weekends and vacation time to wear my more creative and fun stuff. I am talking some of my favorite pieces. So here is my approach to this packing struggle every time my trip comes around….
- Check what the weather is like there— well duh, but I look at multiple sources– people have very different ideas of what the weather is like in a certain place
- Have a general idea of what you are going to do— duh again, but it will tell you a lot about what shoes and special items (like a bathing suit) you will pack
- Then pick the favorites that you really want to bring. Part of having fun on your trip is feeling great about how you look, so pack that cute dress- weather permitting
- I try to bring at least one dress— that way you can wear it as a dress and as a skirt (paring it with a cute tee or top). It also comes in handy if you choose to go to a “fancier” restaurant or event
- Then mix in some basics that you can pair with your favorites or something new that you may buy along the way
- Try and pick things that you can wear more than once—- think mix and match
So basically I take out all the pieces that I may want to bring and lay them out on my bed… then I force myself to edit. This is a must because I love for my souvenir from my trips to be a piece of clothing or accessory–and I don’t mean a t-shirt with the name of the city I was in! I love getting a great scarf, pair of earrings or top that reminds me of the places that I have been when I wear them. One example of this is a great pair of earrings that I bought at a glass blowing shop in Venice, Italy. Seven years later I still have them and they remind me of my trip to Italy every time I wear them. So that being said, make sure you edit enough to leave room for souvenirs! That is why the editing is so important, not to mention the space and weight restriction of airlines! It is always the hardest part for me. So as I pack for my trip next weekend, I will post some of my struggles and my process and how I will make my choices work.
Hope this rant is helpful for my fellow fashionistas who struggle with packing for that long awaited trip! Happy stylish traveling!
A great sweater post from one of my favorite fashion sites!
So here it is! I have wanted to start a blog for a while, so I am jumping in. I hope to spread my love of fashion, food, home and adventure to those who want to listen! More to come soon!