Let’s talk beauty! I am somewhat late to the beauty game… for me this means that I used the same items and brands for a long time before branching out. I have somewhat sensitive skin, so frankly… I was scared to try new stuff. Then I met Bobbi Brown makeup. Now I cannot get enough makeup… people seriously I. LOVE. IT.
Let’s get to the stuff I have been using the last few months….
Bobbi Brown– Nude:Rosy Nude palette has the colors that BB does best. Great shades of rose, nude, shimmer and sparkle. Best of all, the base colors are bigger rectangles of love (you all know you use those up first!) I am loving it! The pigments and texture and blend-ability (I might have just made that word up) is excellent. There is another version of this palette in the brown tones that BB does best.
Chanel Beauty & Skincare: I never thought I would splurge on this lip balm and hand cream but I am happy that I did! I have been on the hunt for both of these for months and I am loving them. The Hydra Beauty lip balm is the right texture and feeds my lip balm addiction. The La Creme Main hand cream makes my skin feel so soft each time I can use it… REALLY soft. I also picked up an eye shadow blending brush that I am loving as well. I may end up trying more since I am loving my starter items.
Charlotte Tilbury – Charlotte’s Genius Magic Powder, Magic Away and Rock n’ Kohl Eyeliner. These are my 3 newest additions. The Eyeliners are smooth to apply and smudge and they stay put the whole day. Magic Away is my new go-to concealer. It really works it’s magic on my dark circles. Not many brands make colors to match my skin, which is important to me as I do not like to go lighter with my concealer- I’d rather match. Finally, the Magic Powder has a lovely smooth texture. However, there are only 3 colors and it has an odd smell– not a bad smell, but odd. I am used to having finishing powder that matches my skin color, so I will have to continue mixing the medium and dark colors to meet my skin color.
Hope that this info inspires you to branch out and try new beauty like I have been. There are some great beauty items out there to explore. I am currently trying out some new stuff to report to you soon! Please share this post if you know someone who would like it. I will add links to the items so you can see them for yourself.
- Charlotte’s Genius Magic Powder (Medium)
- Charlotte’s Genius Magic Powder (dark)
- Magic Away (tan)
- Rock n’ Kohl Eyeliner (Varushka Mink/gray)
- Chanel Hydra Beauty Lip Balm
- Chanel La Creme Main Hand Cream
- Bobbi Brown Nude On Nude Eyeshadow Palette – Rosy Nudes
Thanks for reading! XO, Dawn
Please share this post with your stylish friends!
Connect with me:
- Facebook: @astylishteacher or https://www.facebook.com/astylishteacher/
- Instagram: @stylishteacher or https://www.instagram.com/stylishteacher/
- Twitter: @stylishteacher or https://twitter.com/stylishteacher
- Coming Soon! Shop my Closet: @stylishteacher_closet or https://www.instagram.com/stylishteacher_closet/
- Not a sponsored blog unless stated in the title. These are my own opinions and ideas. Affiliate or referral links used when available.